4s Systems want to help you so we have put together our guide and checklist to make sure your EPoS systems are ready for re-opening.
Back of House
- Check that you have all your passwords to hand. If you have forgotten these, allow time to request and reset these.
- Check that your accountancy software is still functional and doesn’t require any upgrades or licence renewals.
- If your tills link to your accountancy package, make sure this still works.
Shop Floor/ Branches
- Visit your premises to make sure that all machines and EPoS terminals are running. Windows or Antivirus updates may have taken place while you have been away from the premises.
- Leave the machine running overnight to allow for updates
Keeping Staff and Customers Safe
- Consider setting up an End of Sale message to remind your team to clean their hands or areas regularly.
- Do you have a minimum card threshold level set? Do you need to set that to zero for cash free trading?
Keeping your Equipment Clean
- Sanitise Hands – Use antibacterial disinfectant on your hands throughout the day and wash frequently – remember to sing Happy Birthday!
- Wipe Screen Clean – Use a soft dry cloth to wipe away all smudges and remember the corners!
- Use EPOS Friendly Cleaner – Wipe the screen again using an EPOS friendly cleaner such as screen wipes or ammonia free glass cleaner. Don’t squirt the liquid on the screen; use a small amount on the cloth.
- Make sure the screen is wiped totally dry
- Repeat! – This kind of deep clean should be done at least once a day
- If you’re looking to upgrade to contactless payments, please contact us to discuss your requirements. We have lots of experience and knowledge that we would love to share with you!
If we can be of any assistance please contact us on 0203 92 66 999.